List the steps of preparation of temporary mount of a leaf peel to observe stomata.
The following are the steps of preparation of temporary amount of a leaf peel to observe stomata.
- Remove a healthy leaf from the plotted plant.
- Remove a part of the peel from the lower surface of the leaf by folding the leaf over and gently pulling the peel a part using forceps.
- Put a few drops of saffranin stain in a watch glass.
- After 2-3 minutes take out the peel and place it on a clean glass slide.
- Put a drop of glycerin over the peel and place a clean coverslip gently over it.
- Remove the excess stain and glycerin with the help of blotting paper.
- Observe the slide under the low-power and high-power magnifications of the compound microscope.