“Industrial pollution degrades environment”. Analyse the statement.
Although industries contribute significantly to India’s economic growth and development. But they also degrade the environment a lot. They create and increase population of different types. Land, water, air and noise pollution resulting degradation of environment.
- Industries are responsible for these four types of pollution.
- Air pollution is caused by the present of high proportion of undesirable gases. Air pollution adversely affects human health, animals, plants, buildings and the atmosphere as a whole .
- Water pollution is caused by organic and inorganic industrial wastes and affluents discharged into rivers.
- Thermal pollution of water occurs when hot water from factories and thermal plants is drained into rivers and ponds before cooling.
- Industrial and construction activities, machinery, factory equipment, generators, saws and pneumatic and electric drill make a lot of noise. They cause different physiological effects.