In brief state what happens when:
- dry apricots are left for sometime in pure water and later transferred to sugar solution?
- a red blood cell is kept in concentrated saline solution?
- the plasma membrane of a cell breaks down?
- rheo leaves are boiled in water first and then a drop of sugar syrup is put on it?
- golgi apparatus is removed from the cell?
- The apricots swell due to osmosis initially and when transferred to sugar solution shrink again
- due to exosmosis.
- RBCs shrink due to exosmosis.
- It would lead to scattering of cell organelles and there will be no functioning of the organs.
- There will be no change in cell shape or size because the cells are dead due to boiling.
- Function of Golgi apparatus is packing, storing and transfer of protein. It would affect the functioning of cell.