Illustrate the process of regeneration in planaria with the help of suitable diagram.
- Planaria can be cut into many number of pieces and each piece grows into a complete
- This development of pieces of an organism into an individual is known as regeneration.
- Regeneration is carried out by specialised cells.
- These cells proliferate and form large number of cells.
- In this mass of cells differentiation occurs to form various types of cells and tissues.
- These changes take place in an organised sequence referred to as development.
- This results in formation of an individual planaria.