How will an aggrieved person get his or her compensation? Explain with an example

An aggrieved person can get his or her compensation in the following ways
(i) Consumers have the right to seek redressal against unfair trade practices and exploitation. If any damage is done to a consumer, he/she has the right to get compensation depending on the degree of damage.
For example Karim realised that the dealer has given him a defective TV and does not bother about his complains. Any aggrieved consumer like Karim can go to the consumer forums or consumer protection councils. They guide consumer on how to file cases in the Consumer Court.
(ii) Under COPRA, a three-tier quasi judicial machinery at the district, state and national levels is set up for redressel of consumer disputes. The act has enabled the consumer the right to represent in the Consumer Court.