How were forest products used by the villagers in their day-to-day lives?
- In forest areas, people used forest products roots, leaves, fruits and tubers—for many things.
- Fruits and tubers were nutritious to eat, especially during monsoons before the harvest.
- Herbs were used for medicine, wood for agricultural implements like yokes and ploughs, bamboo makes excellent fences and is also used to make baskets and umbrellas.
- A dried scooped-out gourd was used as a portable water bottle.
- Almost everything was available in the forest leaves could be stitched together to make disposable plates and cups, creepers could be used to make ropes, and the thorny bark of the tree was used to grate vegetables.