How is the consumer redressal process becoming cumbersome? Give four examples.
- THE consumer redressal process is becoming cumbersome, expensive and time consuming.
- Many a time consumers are required to engage lawyers. These cases require time for filing and attending court proceedings.
- In most purchases, cash memos are not issued hence evidence is not easy to gather time the cash memos are issued, preservation of such memos is also not an easy job in families.
- Moreover most purchases in the market are small retail sales.
- The existing laws are not very clear on the issue of compensation to consumers injured by defective goods.