How is democratic government known as responsive government? Explain with an example.
Democratic governments run their constitutions.
- Thus, in most countries, the democracy produces a government that accountable to the citizens and responsive to the needs and expectations of the citizens.
- No society can fully and permanently resolve conflicts among different groups. Democracy is best suited as it develops a procedure to conduct competition. Belgium is a successful example of negotiating differences among ethnic population.
- The passion for respect and freedom are the basis of democracy. This has been achieved in various degrees in various democracies.
- People wish to be ruled by representatives elected by them.
- In substantive terms, it may be reasonable to expect from democracy a government that is attentive to the needs and demands of the people and is largely free from corruption.