How have polar bears adapted to the polar regions?
- Polar bears have white fur which protects them from predators and helps them catch their prey as they are not easily visible.
- They go swimming on warm days to cool off. Their wide and large paws help them swim well and walk with ease in snow.
- They can remain underwater for a long time as they can close their nostrils to prevent the entry of water.
- They have a strong sense of smell which helps them to hunt their food.
- They have two layers of fur and a thick layer of fat which protects them from the cold and keeps them warm.