How does industrial pollution degrade the environment? Explain any three measures to control environmental degradation.
INDUSTRIAL pollution degrades the environment in the following ways:
- Air is polluted by the gases.
- Dust, fume, waste, spray and smoke contains particles.
- Industrial effluents pollute river. Paper pulp, textile, chemicals etc. industries pollute land and soil, due to toxic contents.
Steps to control:
- Careful planning and setting of industries.
- Better equipments. Proper fuel selection and utilization. Use of oil instead of coal.
- Treatment of industrial liquids.