How did Hitler treat the Polish?
- Poles were forced to leave their homes and properties for ethnic Germans brought in from occupied Europe.
- Poles were then herded like cattle in other parts of Poland, called the destination for all undesirables of the empire.
- Members of Polish intelligentsia were murdered in large numbers.
- Polish children who looked like Aryans were forcibly snatched from their mothers and examined by race experts and if they passed the race tests, they were raised in German families, and if not they were deposited in orphanages.
- With some of the largest ghettos and gas chambers, this part of Poland also served as the killing fields for the Jews.