- Take a bulb and measure the resistance of the bulb using a multimeter in open circuit. Note the value resistance.
- Now connect the bulb in a circuit and switch on the circuit.
- After few minutes the bulb gets heated.
- Now measure the resistance jof the bulb again with multimeter.
- The value of resistance of the bulb in second instance is more than the resistance of the bulb in open circuit.
- Here the increase in temperature of the filament in the bulb is responsible for increase in resistance of the bulb.
- Thus the value of resistance of a conductor depends on the temperature.