How are complaints treated as testimony to success of democracy? Explain.
- A public expression of dissatisfaction with democracy shows the success of the democratic project.
- It transforms people from the status of a subject into that of a citizen. Most individuals today, believe that their vote makes a differences to the way the government is run to their own self-interest.
- Expectation from democracy also functions as the criteria for judging any democratic country.
- As people get some benefits of democracy, they ask for more and want to make democracy even better.
- The passion for respect and freedom are on the basis of democracy. Democracies throughout the world have recognised this, at least in principle.
- Complaints make a democratic government accountable and in the process ensure better decision-making.
- Long struggles by women have created some sensitivity today that respect to and equal treatment of women are necessary ingredients of a democratic society.