Hoijv did Romanticism seek to develop a particular form of nationalist sentiments during 18 century ? Explain.
Hoijv did Romanticism seek to develop a particular form of nationalist sentiments during 18 century ? Explain
- THE development of nationalism did not come only through wars and territorial expansion. Culture played an important role in creating the idea of the Nation.
- Art, poetry, stories and music helped to express and shape nationalist feelings.
- Romantic artists and poets generally criticised the glorification of reason and science.
- The emphasis on vernacular language and the collection of local folklore was not just to recover an ancient national spirit.
- Poland, no longer existed as an independent territory, national feelings were kept alive through music and language.
- Language played an important role in developing nationalist sentiments.
- After Russian occupation, the Polish language was forced out of schools and the Russian language was forced everywhere.
- The use of Polish came to be seen as a symbol of struggle against Russian dominance.