Highlight the salient features of the Constitution of India.
The Constitution of India is the Supreme Law of India.
The sailent features of it are:
- It is the lengthiest Constitution in the world. It contains 449 Articles in 25 parts, 12 Schedules, 5 Appendices and 101 Amendments. It has uniqueblend of rigidity and flexibility.
- It generates a degree of trust and coordination that is necessary for different communities of people to live together in our country.
- It incorporates Fundamental Rights and Directive Principles of State policy, universal adult suffrage and an independent judiciary which are the main aspects of Indian Constitution.
- It declares India as a secular state which means that all religions are treated with equal respect by the government.
- The Indian Constitution needs to be amended quite regularly to keep it updated.