Give reasons to explain why there is a need for rapid industrialisation in India
There is need for rapid industrialisation in India because:
- Rapid industrialisation is required to make India self sufficient and self reliable for fulfilling all her needs and requirements.
- As India is predominantly an agricultural country, about one two thirds of the population is dependent on agriculture. Since agriculture cannot support the growing population, industries need to be established to solve the problem of unemployment.
- Industries give support to agriculture. For example, agricultural implements are manufactured in industries.
- Rapid industrialisation is required to keep pace with the technological advancements which have been made in the world.
- Industries produce goods and equipments required for maintaining defense of the country