From the internet, gather information about the chromosome numbers of five animals and five plants. Correlate the number with the size of organism and answer the following questions.
- Do larger organisms have more number of chromosomes/cells?
- Can organism with fewer chromosomes reproduce more easily than organisms with more number of chromosomes?
- More the number of chromosomes/cells greater is the DNA content. Justify.
- No, there is no relationship between size of organism and its chromosome number.
- No, process of reproduction follows a common pattern and is not dependent on the number of chromosomes
- Yes, since the major component of chromosome is DNA, if there are more chromosomes in a cell, the quantity of DNA will also be more.