“Fair globalisation is possible if the government plays a major role in making it possible”. Support the statement.
THE government can play a major role in making fair globalisation possible.
- Fair globalisation would create opportunities for all and also ensure that the benefits of globalisations are shared better.
- Government policies must protect the interests not only of the rich and the powerful but all the people in the country.
- For instance, the government can ensure that labour laws are properly implemented and the workers get their rights.
- It can support small producers to improve their performance till the time they become strong enough to compete. If necessary, the government can use trade and investment barrier.
- It can negotiate at the W.T.O. for ‘fairer rules’.
- It can also align with other developing countries with similar interests to fight against the domination of developed countries in the WTO.