- an antacid tablet is taken when you suffer from acidity.
- calamine solution is applied on the skin when an ant bites.
- factory waste is neutralised before disposing it into the water bodies.
- Acidity produces excess of acids in the stomach. An antacid contains a base like milk of magnesia which neutralises the excess acid in stomach.
- Ant bites inject formic acid in the skin. Calamine solution contains the base zinc carbonate which neutralises the effect of acid.
- Factory wastes are acidic in nature. These are neutralised with a base before disposing in water body to protect the aquatic life from any possible harm.