Explain the role of transport for rural development.
Transport is very essential for the development of rural areas. It can be explained in the following ways:
- Transport helps people to move from one place to another.
- It can be used to transfer goods or raw materials from one place to another place.
- It can also be used as a source of income for many people. For example: rickshawalas, tongawalas, jeep drivers get money for their service of transportation.
- It helps to improve attendance levels in schools by providing accessibility to schools both for student and teachers.
- Improved access to markets and towns helps develop business as well. Better transportation helps the farmers to take their farm produce easily to the market.
- It helps rural people to avail medical facilities from the remote hospitals or medical centres.