Explain the role of citizens in a democracy
Citizen’s rights are not limited to the right to vote, stand in elections and form political organisations.
- They have some social and economic rights also that a democracy should offer to its citizens.
- They have taken up power sharing as the spirit of democracy and discussed how power sharing between governments and social groups is necessary in a democracy.
- Democracy cannot the brute rule of majority and how a respect for minority voice is necessary for democracy.
- Elimination of discrimination based on caste, religion and gender is important in a
- In doing so, we have not gone against the democratic principles.