Explain the non-farm activities practiced in Palampur
- The non-farm activities of Palampur are dairy, small scale manufacturing and transport.
- Nearly 25% of the people enegaged in non-farm activities.
- Non-farm activities are as follows:
- Dairy is the main non-farming activity of the people of Palampur. People have domesticated cows and buffaloes. The milk is sold to the people of Raiganj.
- Some people are also engaged in small manufacturing units like spinning, weaving, leather making etc. Labourers are generally not hired for small manufacturing units.
- Many shopkeepers have set up their own shops selling stationary items, toothpaste, candles etc. in the village. They buy various goods from the wholesalers in the towns.
- Many people of the village of Palampur are also engaged in driving tractors, jeeps, bullock carts, rickshaws and trucks. They mostly transport goods from one place to another.