Nation building process of Germany
- By 1848, the popular effort failed to succeed in installing constitutional monarch in Germany.
- There after the task for unification of Germany was taken over by Prussia and its chief minister Otto von Bismarck who followed a policy of “blood and Iron” within a period of seven years three were fought with denmark, Austria and France.
- These states were defeated.
- In January 1871 the process of unification of Germany was completed.
- The Prussian king William I was proclaimed German Emperor To be assessed as a whole