Explain the main principles of Ashoka’s dhamma.
The following are the main principles of Ashoka’s dhamma:
- People should live in peace and harmony.
- Everyone should practise the principle of ahimsa, i.e. non-violence and non-injury to all living beings.
- People should love one another and display respect and tolerance towards other religious faiths.
- Children should obey their elders and elders should treat children with understanding.
- People should be truthful, charitable and kind to all, even towards servants and slaves.