Explain the consequences of indiscriminate use of resources by human beings. How has the indiscriminate use of resources led to the necessity of resources development or resources planning?
- The indiscriminate use of resources by the human beings has resulted in the following:
- Depletion of resources for satisfying the greed of few individuals.
- Accumulation of resources in few hands which has divided the society into rich
- Birth of ecological crises such as global warming, ozone layer depletion, environmental pollution and land degradation.
- Development of resources or resource development implies not only exploitation but also preservation and reuse. In case of natural resources, at the time of using them, their nature, type and the size of their reserve should be considered. These should not be used indiscriminately. If they are used in this way, the future of our planet will be in danger. Therefore, an equitable distribution of resources is necessary for a sustained quality of life and global peace. The resources must not be put to wrong use. This may lead to their depletion. Thus, resource development or planning is necessary.