Explain Mendel’s experiment with peas on inheritance of characters considering only one visible contrasting character.
Mendel conducted breeding experiments with garden peas:
- He studied plants (pure) of a tall/short varieties.
- He crossed them and obtained F t progeny.
- He found that Fj progeny was all tall plants.
- He selfed the (hybrid) plants of Fj progeny.
- He found that in F2 progeny there were tall as well as short plants.
- The three quarter plants were tall and one quarter was short .