Explain how soil pollution and soil erosion could be prevented.
Prevention of soil pollution:
- To prevent soil pollution, its causes must be controlled.
- Plastics and polythene bags destroy the fertility of soil. Hence, they should be disposed properly and if possible, their use should be avoided.
- Some waste products from industries and homes pollute soil. These pollutants should be treated chemically to make them harmless before they are disposed.
- Other pollutants of soil include pesticides and insecticides. Therefore, excessive use of these substances should be avoided.
Prevention of soil erosion:
- By planting trees.
- Checking indiscriminate cutting of trees.