Explain four points Of importance of industries.
Industries are the backbone of our country.
- They help in modernising agriculture.
- Industries reduce the heavy dependence of people on agriculture by providing them jobs.
- Industrial development is a pre-condition for eradication of unemployment and poverty from the country.
- By establishing industries in tribal and backward areas, regional disparities came down.
- Export of manufactured goods expands trade and commerce and brings in much needed foreign exchange.
- Countries that transform their raw materials into a wide variety of furnished goods of higher value are prosperous.
- India’s prosperity lies in increasing and diversifying its manufacturing industries as quickly as possible.