Explain any two main challenges faced by the jute industry’ in India. Explain any three objectives of National Jute Policy.
Challenges of the Jute Industry:
- Stiff competition in the international market from synthetic substitutes.
- Challenges from other competitors like Bangladesh, Brazil, Philippines, Egypt and Thailand.
- Increasing internal demand.
- To stimulate demand, the products need to be diversified.
National Jute Policy:
- Improving jute quality.
- Ensuring good prices to the jute farmers.
- Enhancing the yield per hectare.