Explain any three features of the “Go East Movement” in Vietnam.
- IN, 1907-08, 300 Vietnamese students went to Japan to acquire modern education.
- For many of them the primary objective was to drive out the French from Vietnam and re-establish the Nguyen dynasty in place of the puppet emperor.
- These nationalists looked for foreign arms and help.
- They appealed to the Japanese as fellow Asians.
- Developments in China also inspired Vietnamese nationalists. In China, long established monarchy was overthrown by a movement.
- Inspired by these developments, Vietnamese students organised the Association for the Restoration of Vietnam;