Explain any three factors which are responsible for breaking down of old notions of caste hierarchy.
Three reasons which have contributed to changes in caste system:
- Efforts of political leaders and social reformers like Gandhihi, BR Ambedker who advocated and worked to establish a society in which caste inequalities are absent.
- Socio-economic changes such as:
- occupational mobility
- growth of literacy and education
- breaking down of caste hierarchy
- The constitution of India prohibited any caste-based discrimination and laid the foundations of policies of policies to reverse the injustice of the caste system.