Explain any four reasons why political parties need to overcome the challenges of money and muscle power.
Explain any four reasons why political parties need to overcome the challenges of money and muscle power
The role of money and muscle power is increasing day by day in every field of life. But its role in parties, especially, during election is very challenging.
- Since, parties are focussed only on winning elections, they tend to use shortcuts to win elections.
- They tend to nominate those candidates who have or can raise lots of money.
- Rich people and companies who gave funds to the parties tend to have influence on the policies and decisions of the party.
- In some cases, parties support criminals who can win elections.
- The Supreme Court passed an order to reduce the influence of money and criminals. Now, it is mandatory for every candidate who contests elections to file an affidavit giving details of his property and criminal cases pending against him. The new system has made a lot of information available to the public.
- Election Commission passed an order making it necessary’ for political parties to hold their organisational elections and file their income tax returns.