Explain any four provisions of Napoleon Civil Code, 1804.
Provisions of Napoleon Code:
- It did away with all privileges based on birth.
- It established equality before the law.
- It secured the right of property.
- Napoleon simplified administrative divisions.
- Abolished the feudal system.
- Napoleon freed peasants from serfdom and manorial dues.
- In the towns guild restrictions were removed.
- Transport and communication systems were improved.
- Uniform laws, standardised weights and measures and a common national currency facilitated the movement and exchange of goods and capital from one region to another.