Explain any four merits of pipeline transport in India.
Pipeline Transport of India:
- It is most convenient mode of transport for petroleum, petroleum products and gas in large quantities over long distances.
- Solids after converting them into slurry can also be transported by pipelines.
- They can be laid through difficult terrain as well as under water.
- Operating and maintenance costs are lower than other modes of transport.
- They involve very low energy.
- They are non polluting mode of transport.
- They reduce pressure on other land transport.