Explain any four features that are common in all democratic set ups of government.
Common Features of Democratic set up of Government:
- They have formal constitutions.
- They hold elections.
- They have parties.
- They guarantee rights of citizens.
- These features are common to most of the democratic countries. But these democracies are very much different from each other in terms of their social situations, their economic achievements and their culture. What may be achieved or not achieved under each of these democracies will be very different.
- Whenever possible and necessary citizen should be able to participate in decision making that affect them all. Democracy assures that decision making will be based on norms and procedures.
- Democracy assures equality in every sphere of life like political, social and economic. It upholds basic individual liberties like freedom of speech, expression, thought etc.