Explain any five points of significance of biogas generation in rural areas of India.
Significance of biogas generation: Shrubs, farm waste, animal and human waste are used to produce biogas for domestic consumption in rural areas.
- Consumption of bio mass in bio gas plants keep the village surroundings free from pollution.
- Plants can easily set up by individuals, panchayats and cooperatives.
- These plants make villages self-sufficient in their power generation.
- Bio gas has higher thermal efficiency in comparison to kerosene, dung cake and charcoal.
- Gobar gas plants provide twin benefits to the farmers in the form of energy and improved quality of manure.
- It also prevents the loss of trees and manure due to burning of fuel wood and cow dung cakes.