Explain any five measures to control industries pollution in India.
Measures to control industrial pollution:
- Air pollution caused by industrial units can be reduced by fitting smoke stacks to factories with electrostatic precipitators, fabric filters, scrubbers and inertial separators.
- Smoke can be reduced by using oil or gas instead of coal in factories.
- Minimising use water for processing in reusing and recycling it in two or more successive stages.
- Harvesting of rain water to meet water requirements.
- Treating hot water and effluents before releasing them in rivers and ponds.
- Noise pollution also can be minimised by using silencers in machinery and generators.
- Almost all machinery can be redesigned to increase energy efficiency and reduce noise.
- Noise absorbing material may be used apart from personal use of earplugs and earphones.