Explain any five advantages of using natural gas in India.
Advantages of using natural gas: Natural gas is an important clean energy resource. It is an environment friendly fuel because emission of carbon dioxide from its burning is very low.
- It is used as a source of energy as well as an industrial raw material in the petrochemical industry.
- It is an important source of energy. A number of power stations have been set in different parts of the country based on natural gas.
- It is also an important raw material of industries manufacturing fertilizers, chemicals and synthetic products.
- Its two popular uses are L.P.G which is a cooking gas for household use and the other is C.N.G which is used for running vehicles.
- It is easily transported by pipelines.
- India has large reserves of natural gas in the Krishna-Godavari basin, Mumbai High and allied fields in the cult of Cambay and Andaman and Nicobar islands.