Examine the reasons that forced America to withdraw from the Vietnam war.
- US entry into war marked a new phase that proved costly to the Americans also.
- Casualties were high. From both the sides, 47,244 died in battle and 3,03,704 were wounded.
- This phase of struggle with the US was brutal.
- The effect of the war was felt with in US as well.
- Many were critical of the government for getting involved in the war that they saw as indefensible.
- When the youth were drafted for the war, the anger spread.
- US media and films played a major role irt criticising the war.
- The war grew out of a fear among US policy makers and policy planners that the victory Of the Ho Chi Minh government would start a domino effect.