Evaluate any three features of ‘Golden Quadrilateral’ Super Highway.
THE government has launched a major road development project linking Delhi-Kolkata-Chennai-Mumbai and Delhi is known as Golden Quadrilateral Super Highways.
- Under Super Highways, the North-South corridor and East-West corridor are included.
- They all are six-lane Super Highways.
- The North-South Corridors links Srinagar in Jammu and Kashmir in the North with Kanyakumari in the south in Tamil Nadu.
- East-West corridor Connecting silcher in Assam and Porbander in Gujarat.
- These Super Highways reduce the time and distance between the mega cities and related terminals.