Elucidate the peculiar features of Nazi thinking that made it different from any other organisation of that time.
The peculiar features of Nazi thinking were as follows :
- Nazism was a system of ideas about the world and politics which was synonymous with Hitler’s world view that only believed in racial hierarchy. Nazis were against equality among people and supported hatred on the basis of race.
- Nazis considered Nordic German Aryans as the best and Jews as the worst race. All other people were placed in between depending upon their external features.
- From a very young age, children were indoctrinated both inside and outside school with Nazi ideology of nationalism and war. Women were seen as mere bearers of the Aryan culture and race.
- Nazis believed in the geopolitical concept of Lebensraum or living space, i.e. new territories had to be acquired for settlement. It would enhance the area of the mother country as well as the material resources and power of the German nation.
- Nazism was strongly opposed to democracy, liberalism and internationalism. Nazism was
- aggressive, expansionist and imperialistic.