“Dynastic succession is one of the most serious challenges before the political parties”. Analyse the statement.
Most political parties do not practice open and transparent procedures for their functions.
- Therefore, there are few ways for an ordinary’ worker to rise to the top in a party.
- Those who happen to be the leaders are in a position of unfair advantage as they favour people close to them or even their family members.
- In many parties in India, the top positions are always controlled by members of one family.
- This is unfair to other members of that party.
- This is also bad for democracy.
- This is so people who do not have edequate experience or popular support come to occupy positions of power.
- More than loyalty to party principles and policies personal loyalty to the leader becomes more important. This tendency is seen all over the world.