Difference between primary and secondary cells
- A primary cell cannot be recharged whereas a secondary cell can be recharged.
- In a primary cell chemical reaction is irreversible whereas in a secondary cell chemical reaction is reversible.
- The internal resistance is high for a primary cell whereas it is low for a secondary cell.
- In a primary cell, chemical energy is converted into electrical energy when current is drawn from it whereas in a secondary cell electrical energy is converted into chemical energy when current is passed through it and chemical energy is converted into electrical energy when current is drawn from it.
- A primary cell is light and less expensive whereas a secondary cell is heavy and expensive.