Describe the three components of a political party.
A political party has three components:
- The leaders.
- The active members.
- The followers.
- The leaders are recruited and trained by parties.
- Policy decisions are taken by the political executives of concerned parties. They fight election.
- They are the policy makers of their parties.
- Without members a party cannot run.
- They are the pre-requisite of a party.
- They go by the direction of the party leadership.
Followers are the ordinary citizens. They believe in the policies of their respective party.
- They give popular support through elections.
- Often the opinion of the followers crystallise on the lines parties take.