The main clauses of the Treaty of Vienna signed in 1815 were:
- The Bourbon dynasty which had been deposed during the French Revolution was restored to power.
- A series of states were set up on the boundaries of France to prevent French expansion in the future.
- Kingdom of Netherlands was set up in the north and Genoa was added to Piedmont in the south.
- Prussia was given new territories to its west and Austria was given control of northern Italy.
- Russia was given part of Poland, while Prussia was given a portion of Saxony.
- Their main aim was to restore monarchies and create a new conservative order in Europe.
- France lost the territories it had annexed under Napolean.