Describe the important steps taken by government in the field of education.
The steps taken by government in the field of education are as follows :
- There is a provision made for providing universal access, retention and quality in elementary education with a special emphasis on girls.
- There is also an establishment of pace setting schools like Navodaya Vidyalaya in each district.
- Vocational streams have been developed to equip students with occupation related knowledge and skills.
- Mid-day meal schemes implemented in semi-urban and rural areas to encourage parents to send their children to school.
- Popularising education related programmes like ‘Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan’, distance education, adoption of state-specific curriculum modification, use of information technology etc.