Describe any three ways in which the novel in India attempted to create a sense of pan-Indian belonging.
Describe any three ways in which the novel in India attempted to create a sense of pan-Indian belonging
- Imaging a heroic past was one way in which the novel helped in popularising the sense of belonging to a communication.
- Another way was to include various classes in the novel so that, they could be seen to belong to a shared world.
- All kinds of powerful characters drawn from all levels of society in different novels.
- Various novels were written on socio-religious issues to reform the society. This further created a pan Indian belonging.
- Prem Chand’s novels are filled with all kinds of powerful characters. His novels look towards the failure without forgetting the important of the past, this too created a feeling of oneness among the Indians.