Describe any three characteristics of the Durg-Bastar-Chandrapur Iron-ore belt in India.
Durg-Bastar-Chandrapur belt lies in Chhattisgarh and Maharashtra.
- Veiy high grade hematites are found in the famous Bailadila range of hills.
- It lies in the Bastar district of Chhattisgarh.
- The range of hills comprises of deposits of super high grade hematite iron-ore.
- It has the best physical properties needed for steel making.
- Iron-ore from these mines is exported to Japan and South Korea via Vishakhapatnam port.