Describe any three changes that came in the life of Vietnamese after the colonization of Vietnam by French.
Describe any three changes that came in the life of Vietnamese after the colonization of Vietnam by French
- THE colonisation of Vietnam brought the people of the country into conflict with the French in all areas of life.
- The most visible form of French control was military and economic dominations.
- The French built a system that tried to re-shape the culture of the Vietnamese.
- Nationalism in Vietnamese emerged through the efforts of different sections of society to fight against the French and all they represented.
- After 1887, the French sought to consolidate their position and people of Vietnam began reflecting on the nature of the loss that Vietnam was suffering. Nationalist resistance developed of this refection.