Describe any five strategies developed by the printers and publishers to sell their products.
New strategies to sell their products:
- Serialisation of important novels in 19th-century periodicals. This gave birth to a particular way of writing.
- In the 1920s in England, popular works were sold in cheap series called the shilling series.
- Publishers feared a decline in book purchases during the Great Depression in 1930s. They brought out cheap paperback editions of novels to sustain buying.
- Printers published new books.
- In the 20th century, the dust cover or the book jacket was also introduced.